Thursday, February 12, 2009

Live Internet TV Channels

All everyone wants to know on the Internet is what TV channels there are, so someone from the avs forums on-line has decided to keep an updated list. Here is the Link (Vunow Live Internet TV lineup). The next question is the quality. In the interst of full disclosure I only have the standard definition pod. The typical channel does not compete with the quality of a digital TV picture at all. The Hip TV 1 and 2 which at one point was called the vunow demo channel do start to have picture quality that comes close to digital TV clarity. The reality is that most of the channels are news, religious, or shopping channels. They are feed to Internet at a low rate because watching a guy behind a desk talk doesn't require great video. On the ABC new channel on the pod when i was watching it was video of a person making a radio show, so the video was something that no one needed at that time. I have found that audio is typically not a problem and follows along with the video. Occasionally I have found that it has gotten delayed. The capability is there to provide a great feed to the vunow box from the Internet, but the issue right now is that there is nothing out there feeding video to the Internet at a high rate. If I could get the Hip TV stations quality on channels I would order channels from this box for my TV watching. Someday if they get someone to agree to provide valuable content at a great quality I would be willing to pay. I believe that is box could be the perfect platform to launch a system of paying per channel you would like access too. For a few dollars each a month getting to pick a selection of stations would be perfect for me get the "cable stations" that I want without getting a ton of channels I will never use.

No comments:

Post a Comment