Sunday, February 22, 2009

Vunow External Hard Drive

After using the vunow back and trying a few different things the only really good way to play your videos was to put them on a portable drive and walk them back to the Vunow Box. After running out of space on my USB flash drive I decided to buy an external hard drive. I bought a 1 TB usb hard drive from a discount place near were I work. It has been the best thing by far I have done for my Vunow. All the features work flawlessly when you play off of the hard drive. The pause, fast forward, rewind, and no skipping. I would highly recommend the use of an external hard drive with this box. The one feature I wish the Vunow had the most is a way that when the external hard drive is hooked up to the Vunow that you would be able to show the drive as a shared drive on the network. I would like to be able to leave the drive hooked up to the box right by the TV and be able to dump and access everything on the external hard drive. Now I have to physically move the drive to my computer and copy the files over and bring it back to the TV. It is quite a pain. I keep looking for a good option to be able to access the drive from the TV, but nothing really fits the bill. The best so far is an adapter that makes and usb drive a Network Attached Storage (NAS) device, but I would have to still plug the hard drive back and forth into the adapter and Vunow. Verismo if you are reading that please add that the external hard drive can be linked into the network for easy access for adding video files to be played on the Vunow.

No comments:

Post a Comment