Thursday, February 19, 2009

Streaming From Media Center

After exhausting the Internet features of the box I decided to look into the meat of this system, playing video files. I first started by using a small capacity thumb drive. This works perfectly the only problem I really encountered is that I ran out of space. Video files are large. I began to try to stream video over the UPNP server. The basic one they support is Media Center. The steps to set up the server are easy. You need to add the video files you want to share to the correct folder and go through the settings to allow media center to act as a server. The feed of the video is good quality. The problems I ran into with this setup is that you cannot pause the video feed using the box. There is no way to stop the video. This became annoying to the point I had to stop using this situation. Media Center Streaming works, but is not very practical.

2 comments:

  1. Can I stream live tv (URL) to VuNow box?

    ReplyDelete
  2. As of now you can't input your own URL. You have to view what they present to you. At the following blog http://bitflung.blogspot.com , the owner claims that Verismo has responded to his questions and that they have the intent to let you add that function.

    ReplyDelete